sábado, 24 de febrero de 2018

Everybody Sees the Ants — A.S. King








“The world is full of assholes. What are you doing to make sure you’re not one of them?”









Synopsis:

Lucky Linderman didn't ask for his life. He didn't ask his grandfather not to come home from the Vietnam War. He didn't ask for a father who never got over it. He didn't ask for a mother who keeps pretending their dysfunctional family is fine. And he didn't ask to be the target of Nader McMillan's relentless bullying, which has finally gone too far.

But Lucky has a secret--one that helps him wade through the daily mundane torture of his life. In his dreams, Lucky escapes to the war-ridden jungles of Laos--the prison his grandfather couldn't escape--where Lucky can be a real man, an adventurer, and a hero. It's dangerous and wild, and it's a place where his life just might be worth living. But how long can Lucky keep hiding in his dreams before reality forces its way inside?

Opinion:

I’ve decided that I’ll start reading books in English. One reason is because I like reading physical books, and English physical books are cheaper. The other reason is that I want to improve my English and reading is one of the best ways of doing it. Also I decided that if I read a book in English then I’ll write the opinion on English too. So here I go.

“Everybody sees the ants” is a book that I wanted to read since a long time ago. I’ve heard and read so many good reviews that when I so it was cheap on Amazon I decided to buy it. It is a book about bullying and how I kid (teen) is trying to deal with it.


Lucky seems to be a really cute boy who cares about other people feeling bad. Also he is really smart because the questions he made for his survey were really ingenious. With just a couple of question he was able to discover too much about other people.

Talking about the story, I thing that it was a little plain. It didn’t happen too much and when Lucky realizes that he has to face McMillan I think it is was so spontaneous and silly. Maybe is a good story for people that are facing this kind of problems, and I will say that the strongest part of the book are the characters and their personalities.

No, no I retract. The best part of the book is the cover page!!!! It is so beautiful that I just couldn’t stop staring at it.

Quotes:

“And I decide that I am too boring to live.”

“Why do I care so much about people who are so far away from me?”

“I’ve spend a lifetime being pushed around by Nader McMillan because I didn’t think I deserved any better. Because I thought someone else should do something to make it stop.”

“Everybody sees the ants? Well, how many people do you think live perfect lives, son? Aren’t we all victims of something at some time or another?”

“The world is full of assholes. What are you doing to make sure you’re not one of them?”

Rating (3.5/5)


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario